The Saudi Food and Drug Authority published some related facts, on its official account on the social networking site Twitter.
The authority indicated that people wishing to undergo laser treatment in order to get rid of excess body hair, should know the following facts first:
- The laser destroys the hair inside the follicles through heat
- It is necessary to wear safety glasses specially designed to protect the eyes during the laser session
- The effectiveness of laser in removing excess hair and getting rid of it is greater for people with light skin, and on dark and thick hair
- It is possible to use a local anesthetic and use it to reduce the pain caused by the laser, but after consulting a specialist
- The results of laser hair removal are effective for several weeks or months
- It is important to shave with a razor one day before the laser session
- After undergoing the laser session, it is necessary to avoid exposure to sunlight, as the skin is very sensitive.
The authority stated that laser sessions that contribute to laser hair removal have some side effects, the most important of which are:
- Higher chances of developing skin ulcers
- Change in skin color
- swelling in some places
- Skin redness
- Constant itching.