The Policy is subject to change without intimation and You shall be required to review the same regularly. The Policy extends to both, Users who visit the Web Platforms but do not transact business on them, as well as Users who are registered on the Web Platforms.
Information We Collect
- When you use our Web Platforms, we collect and store your personal information (like name, address, phone number, fax number, email address, financial profiles, identification number, credit card information, etc.) provided by you from time to time so that we can customize our Web Platforms to make your experience safer and easier.
- You can browse the website and/or download the mobile application without disclosing your personal information to us. However, once you give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us.
- We may automatically track certain information about you based on your behavior on our Web Platforms to do internal research to better understand, protect and serve our users. This information may include the URL that you just came from, which URL you next go to, your IP address, software details of your mobile phone, your location, name, mobile number, etc.
- We may disclose aggregated information about the use of our Web Platforms, but it will never contain personal information. We do not disclose personal information to third parties in the normal course of operations. However, in situations when we are legally obligated to disclose information to the government or other third parties, we will do so.
- If you upload any content on our Web Platforms in the form of reviews, recommendations, ratings, comments, or any other form, such content may contain information including personal information and the same may be available to the other users of our Web Platforms. We will not be liable for the disclosure and dissemination of such personal information to third parties.
- We implement standard measures to protect against unauthorized access to and unlawful interception of personal information. However, we cannot guarantee that such measures fully eliminate security risks.
- Our Web Platforms allow you to exchange messages with others using the messaging feature and email. We may store these messages in order to deliver them and allow you to manage them.
- You can invite your friends to join our Web Platforms by providing their contact information, or by entering your log-in credentials to import your address book from other sites. We may store and use your friends’ contact information to invite them to join and connect with you on our Web Platforms. Your friends will always have the opportunity to opt out of receiving further emails from us.
- If you are using our mobile app, then we may use your mobile device ID (the IMEI number assigned to a device by the manufacturer), instead of cookies, to recognize you. We may do this to store your preferences and track your use of our applications. Unlike cookies, mobile device IDs cannot be deleted. Advertising companies may use device IDs to track your use of our app, track the number of advertisements displayed and display advertisements that are more relevant to You. Analytics companies may use mobile device IDs to track your usage of our applications. The online or offline status of your application can also be viewed and stored by us.
- We may also collect information about the details of other applications on your mobile phone which may include shopping, fashion, food, and travel information to help us to provide you with a personalized experience.
- In case you are placing an order on our Web Platforms, we use an online payment gateway that is operated by a third party, and the information that you share with us is transferred and shared with such a third-party payment gateway operator. The said payment operator may also have access to your online purchase history/details on our Web Platforms. Such third-party operator uses secure sites of approved payment gateways, which are digitally encrypted with the highest possible degree of care. However, we cannot guarantee 100% safety and you should exercise discretion in using the same.
Use of Your Personal Information
We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- to identify as the author of content you submit to the sites;
- to fulfill your requests for products and services;
- to administer, support, improve and develop our business;
- to improve the content and features of our Web Platforms (such as by personalizing content to your interests);
- to administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature;
- to enable us to show you relevant ads;
- to generate and review reports and data about, and to conduct research on, Our user base and Web Platforms usage patterns;
- to provide you with customer support.
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection and
- to send you information about us and our businesses.
How we diclose your information
We may disclose your personal information that we collect or you provide, in the following ways:
- We may share your information with outside service providers that we use for a variety of purposes, such as to send you e-mails and messages on behalf of other users, push notifications to your mobile on our behalf, help us analyze use of our Web Platforms, and process and collect payments. Some of our products, services and databases are hosted by third party hosting services providers. We also may use vendors for other projects, such as conducting surveys or organizing sweepstakes for Us. We may share information about You with these vendors only to enable them to perform their services.
- We use Google AdSense on our Web Platforms. As you may browse websites that have partnered with Google or Google sites, such as YouTube, Google may place a cookie in your browser to track the types of pages visited or content that you viewed. Based on this information, Google associates your browser with relevant interest categories and uses these categories to show interest-based ads. For example, if you frequently visit travel websites, Google may show more ads related to travel. Google does not associate sensitive interest categories with your browser (such as those based on race, religion, sexual orientation, health, or sensitive financial categories), and does not use such categories when showing you interest-based ads. Google provides “Opt out” option if you may not want Google to collect interest category information and you will not receive interest-based ads.
- We may share your information when we believe in good faith that such sharing is reasonably necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities or to comply with the legal process. We may also share your information to investigate and address threats or potential threats to the physical safety of any person, to investigate and address violations of this Policy or the Terms of Service, or to investigate and address violations of the rights of third parties and/or to protect the rights, property, and safety of Wiki internet, our employees, users, or the public. This may involve the sharing of Your information with law enforcement, government agencies, courts, and/or other organizations on account of legal requests, such as summons, court orders, or government demands to comply with the law.
- If you interact with social media features on our Web Platforms, such as the Facebook Like button or Twitter, or use your social media credentials to log in or post content, these features may collect information about your use of our Web Platforms, as well as post information about your activities on the social media service. Your interactions with social media companies are governed by their privacy policies.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Wiki internet, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- When you place an order on our Web Platforms, the information you provide to us is shared with the vendor with whom you choose to transact. In order to facilitate your order, we provide your information to that vendor in a similar manner as if you had placed an order directly with the vendor. If you provide a mobile phone number, vendors or we may send You text messages regarding your order or order’s delivery status. Some vendors also require you to provide credit or debit card account information to secure your order. When you place an order through our Web Platforms and/or make a payment through our Web Platforms, we may also share with the vendors additional information, such as information about your preferences and history or information that we collect from third parties. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of the vendors.
- If we require your credit or debit card information, by submitting this information, you expressly consent to the sharing of your information with vendors, third-party payment processors, and other third-party service providers (including but not limited to vendors who provide fraud detection services to Us and other third parties).
Links to Third Party Platforms
Our Web Platforms may contain links to other websites that are operated by third parties and are not controlled by, or affiliated to, or associated with us, unless expressly specified otherwise. We are not responsible for any form of transmission, whatsoever, received by you from any linked site. Accordingly, we do not make any representations concerning the privacy practices or policies of such third parties or terms & conditions of such websites, nor do we control or guarantee the accuracy, integrity, or quality of the information, data, text, software, photographs, graphics, videos, messages or other materials available on such websites.
We do not have access to or control over cookies or other features that such third-party websites and advertisers may use, and the information practices of these third-party websites and advertisers are not covered by this Policy. Please contact them directly for more information about their privacy practices.
We also offer our Services that may make you interact with third-party services, including social media networks. These interactions include Likes, Shares, and Comments on platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Google, Pinterest, and LinkedIn. While you are interacting with these social networks through our Services, both Trendnt and the social media networks may get access to information on your activity on our site and their network.
The information is subject to the privacy policies of the respective social media services. Therefore, we recommend you review their privacy policies and settings.
Cookies and other electronic tools
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer that enables us to recognize you (for example, as a registered User) when you visit our website, store your preferences and settings, enhance your experience by delivering content and advertising specific to your interests, perform research and analytics, track your use of our Web Platforms, and assist with security and administrative functions.
A pixel tag (also called a web beacon or clear GIF) is a tiny graphic with a unique identifier, embedded invisibly on a webpage (or an online ad or email), and is used to count or track things like activity on a webpage or ad impressions or clicks, as well as to access cookies stored on Users’ computers.
We also may include web beacons in e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether the message has been opened and for other analytics.
Retention of Your Information
You may deactivate your Wiki internet account by mailing us at [email protected], in which case we will remove public access to certain profile information such as your bio and profile picture. But any content that you previously submitted would still remain available through our Web Platforms and you would continue to be identified by name as the author of such content.
Erasure of Your Information
We may retain your information for as long as it is necessary to provide services to you or until you ask us to delete your data. You may place a request with us to delete your information by writing to us at [email protected].
We’ll grant your request for deletion as per the existing laws.
However, you may note that in certain cases, we might have to retain your information to the extent necessary for our legal obligations. For example, if your information was collected on behalf of our clients, we would respond that we are a service provider and unable to process your request.
Wiki internet website and services are targeted at a general audience and not specifically at individuals younger than 18 years of age (or minors). We recognize and respect the need for children’s privacy and do not intentionally collect any personal information of minors without parental consent. However, if Wiki internet identifies (or is intimated about) the collection of such data, then we will take measures to delete the information.
If a parent or guardian believes that their children’s information has been collected on our platforms, they may write to us at the above-mentioned contact points.
Transfer of Data Outside of Your Home Country
Your information will be held in India. Your information may also be stored, processed, and accessed in other countries where we have facilities or where you are located. You consent to the transfer of your information outside your country, including to India.
Security & Information Retention
We assume no liability or responsibility for the disclosure of Your information due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third-party access, or other causes beyond our control. You play an important role in keeping Your personal information secure. You should not share your user name, password, or other security information for our Web Platforms account with anyone. If we receive instructions using Your user name and password, we will consider that you have authorized the instructions.
Notwithstanding anything contained in this policy or elsewhere, Wiki internet shall not be held responsible for any loss, damage or misuse of your personal information, if such loss, damage, or misuse is attributable to a Force Majeure Event (as defined here). A “Force Majeure Event” shall mean any event that is beyond the reasonable control of Wiki internet and shall include, without limitation, sabotage, fire, flood, explosion, acts of God, civil commotion, strikes or industrial action of any kind, riots, insurrection, war, acts of government, computer hacking, unauthorized access to computer data and storage device, computer crashes, breach of security and encryption, etc.
- We reserve the right to amend this policy from time to time to reflect changes in the law, our data collection, and use practices, the features of our Web Platforms, or advances in technology. Please check this page periodically for changes.
- By accessing our Web Platforms, you have agreed to the terms set out in this Policy. This policy should be at all times read along with the Terms & Conditions of use of our Web Platforms. Unless stated otherwise, the policy applies to all information that we have about you and your account. Any disputes arising under this policy shall be governed by the laws of India and the Courts in Hyderabad shall have exclusive jurisdiction.