During sexual intercourse between spouses, some vaginal secretions come out after or during intercourse. These secretions play an important role in facilitating intercourse and other tasks.
In this article, we discuss the causes of vaginal discharge during and after intercourse, and we know, is excessive vaginal secretion after intercourse a sign of danger?
Vaginal secretions and intercourse
The relationship between vaginal secretions and sexual intercourse is a causal relationship. An increase in vaginal secretions is observed during the relationship, before it, and after it as well, because of these secretions of important roles that we mention as follows:
- Facilitate sexual relations.
- Moisturizing the vagina while protecting it from inflammation and pain.
- Clean the vagina from the remnants of the man’s semen and any foreign body inside the vagina.
- Restore the acidity of the vagina again after the end of the relationship, as the acidity of the man’s semen is higher than the pH of the vagina. (1)
Causes of increased vaginal secretions during intercourse
The vagina produces secretions all the time, and it is an indication of the health and cleanliness of the vagina, but the woman notes the large number of vaginal secretions during sexual intercourse and its thickness, due to the following reasons: (3)(2)
Vaginal secretions increase automatically when a woman feels sexual arousal, as the rate of blood flow to the genitals increases, which results in increased production of vaginal secretions from the glands in the vagina. clear transparent.
- female ejaculation
During intercourse, a woman may ejaculate fluids from the urethra, a natural process that helps increase vaginal secretions during intercourse.
- menstrual cycle change
Changing the menstrual cycle means the date and location of the sexual relationship in the woman’s full menstrual cycle and not the bleeding days, as the vaginal secretions change to a thicker shape and dark white color at the beginning and end of the menstrual cycle. Vaginal discharge during intercourse and change in texture.
Vaginal discharge after intercourse
The woman also notices a lot of vaginal secretions after intercourse, due to the following: (1)(4)
- Men’s semen: The semen of a man who was ejaculated into the vagina flows back out of the woman’s body, and it looks like vaginal secretions, because they are similar in shape and texture, which is the most common cause of vaginal secretions after intercourse.
- Women’s lust: a percentage of women reach orgasm and ejaculate a white liquid similar to men’s ejaculation, which is a vaginal secretion after intercourse, and women may ejaculate without reaching also.
- Vaginal wound: The color of vaginal secretions after intercourse may turn pink, due to damage or wound in the cells of the vagina as a result of the violence of the relationship, a doctor should be contacted if the matter turns into bleeding or accompanied by abdominal pain, with burning, and itching.
Excessive vaginal discharge after intercourse is not considered a danger sign, as long as it is not accompanied by an unpleasant odor, or burning and itching.
Other causes of vaginal discharge after intercourse
All of the above causes of vaginal discharge after intercourse are normal signs and do not cause concern, but there are other abnormal reasons that indicate that a woman has a health condition that requires treatment.
Treatment of vaginal secretions during intercourse should not be neglected, especially if the color of vaginal secretions changes during or after intercourse to dark yellow, green, or gray, as all of these colors indicate a bacterial or fungal infection in the vagina.
Infection is also accompanied by symptoms such as itching, burning, vaginal irritation and swelling, and pelvic and abdominal pain. The following are some of the unnatural causes of excessive vaginal discharge during or after intercourse:
- Sexually transmitted diseases such as .
- Bacterial vaginosis.
- Fungal vaginitis.
- Pelvic inflammation. (2)(4)